Shoulders are one of the many joints in our body that are very prone to several injuries. Since it is the most mobile joint in our body, it’s not a big surprise that a lot of people suffer from shoulder pains. Even if you’re not doing anything, you may encounter pains simply because your posture can cause it too.
Facts about Shoulder Pains
- According to the World Health Organization, 9 percent of all adults in the USA suffer from chronic shoulder pain. This means that the at least one of our ten adults are experiencing such pain no matter what causes it.
- Though several causes of shoulder pains are possible, the two most common ones are from aging and injuries from accidents. Aging is natural so you can get shoulder pains as soon as your tissues break down from it. For younger people, injuries are the number one cause of it since youngsters engage more in physical activities such as sports and to students, physical education.
- While there are no known reasons for this fact, but records show that several women in their late 40’s to early ’60s had suffered from Frozen Shoulders. Frozen Shoulder is a condition where the shoulder stiffens which further limits mobility and any other possible movements. These as well could also be painful and treatment could last from months to even a year.
- In some cases, shoulder pains root from severe underlying causes such as diabetes, arthritis or bad muscle complications. You may also experience pain from spinal disorders, digestive disorders or even heart problems. Should you think that these are the possible cases for your shoulder pain, visit a medical professional as soon as possible so you can assure that you’re treated correctly.
- Physical Therapies are more effective than surgeries in all ways possible. According to research, not only physical therapy is cost-effective, but it is also one of the top choices of people who suffer from shoulder pains. It also revealed that it also reduced pain and helped in regaining mobility to patients who opted for this option.
- Lastly, it is also reported that one of the fastest ways in reducing shoulder pain is the RICE Method. The RICE Method stands for Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate. This treatment is one of the cheapest methods for treating these kinds of pains as you can do this at home without the need to buy anything else.
These are just some of the general facts related to several cases of shoulder pain. Should you need to know more, or let’s say you’re experiencing one, reading online and finding an idea of what’s happening is what you should do next. You can also try treating it with home remedies but if the pain lasts longer, it might be the time for you to consult a doctor since the underlying cause might’ve worsened.
And if you’re having trouble finding the right one, you don’t need to look further anymore. You’re in the right page. Joel Singer, MD can help you with any bone pains you’re experiencing. You’ll be in good hands. Schedule now, the best medical experience waits for you.